The Taiwan government has launched the new Public Warning System to warn cell phone subscribers the happening emergency. There are a few integration need to be done to support PWS on Ubuntu phone.
- rild from Android.
- ofono to dbus.
- User interface to handle the dbus event.
ofono supports the CBS/PWS long time ago. There are a few TODOs to support the PWS
- Make sure the rild can receive and pass the Cell Broadcast Service (CBS) to ofono
- Need a userspace program to handle the Emergency Broadcast from dbus.
 國家通訊傳播委員會_災防告警系統（PWS）介紹 – http://www.ncc.gov.tw/chinese/gradation.aspx?site_content_sn=3744
 ofono/ofono.git – Open Source Telephony – http://git.kernel.org/cgit/network/ofono/ofono.git/tree/src/cbs.c#n100
 PWS specs
- PWS – Public Warning System – https://tools.ietf.org/agenda/79/slides/atoca-0.ppt
- 3GPP specification: 22.268 – Public Warning System (PWS) requirements – http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/22268.htm
- 3GPP specification: 23.041 – Technical realization of Cell Broadcast Service (CBS) – http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/23041.htm
- LTE for Public Safety – Rainer Liebhart, Devaki Chandramouli, Curt Wong, Jürgen Merkel – Google 圖書 – https://books.google.com.tw/books/about/LTE_for_Public_Safety.html?hl=zh-TW&id=oVy3BgAAQBAJ